Establishing a feel good morning routine is essential to a successful life. It helps to ground us. Now, I am sure that many of us already have a morning routine, be it conducive or counterproductive. Out of the two which would you prefer? I’ll go with conducive. This may however require a change in our already established habits, but so what? Who does not want to be at their best? Adopting a good morning routine does require trying different things to see what works. This actually does not sound bad to me considering this gives us a pass to indulge in “feel good” practices, to determine what works for us. Here are a few things you might consider.
1. Meditation: Since incorporating meditation and mindfulness into my morning routine I have noticed tremendous and positive changes in my professional and personal life. Honestly it has not always been easy for me to sit as I could think of so many more things I could be doing, but I've being "doing" most of my life. Now it is time to be and do on purpose. Meditation guides me in this way.
2. Indulge in a healthy morning drink. Whether it be warm or chilled herbal tea, a juice or water with lime, incorporating one of these can boost your morning mood and set the tone for a peaceful and productive day.
3. Make your bed! Yes, getting in the habit of making your bed after departing it for the day. As humans we thrive on productivity. It is the small feats that lead to larger ones.
4. Move in the morning. Yoga/exercise is a great way to get your morning started.
5. Diffuse your favorite essential oil, candle, burn Palo Santo or Sage.
Let us hear from you. How do you begin your mornings?